PART OF THE “WHEN AFRODITE’S KITCHEN MEETS FOODSAVER SERIES”
It’s August in Cyprus. Which means it’s really hot, and most places are closed for holidays. I myself am working pretty hard everyday to meet a book deadline, but still find time every day to go to the beach and try to take in the advantages of summer. Like this no-bake frozen chocolate cheesecake that you can make up to a week ahead of time. I basically love everything about it, from how easy it is to make it, to eating a big slice of it on a hot summer’s day — even in the midst of writing a cookbook. As you can see from the pictures below, you can decorate the cheesecake many different ways, just pick your favourite!
FROZEN CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
All ingredients are available at Foodsaver (except the ingredients market with *)
3 tablespoons Lurpak Unsalted Butter, melted
275g Pavlides Chocolate Chip Cookies
150g Arla Cream Cheese
100 ml Arla Whipping Cream
1/4 cup Foodsaver White Sugar
1/8 teaspoon vanilla powder*
450g Pure Belgian Chocolate Chip Kayak Ice Cream, softened
1 teaspoon Kahlúa*
For the raspberry sauce:
1 cup Foodsaver Ardo Raspberries defrosted
1 teaspoon Foodsaver White Sugar
1. Line the bottom and sides of an 8 inch springform pan with plastic wrap. Place a piece of parchment paper on top of the plastic wrap on the bottom of the pan.
2. In a food processor, pulse the chocolate cookies into fine crumbs. Add the melted butter slowly to create a soft crumb mixture.
3. Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom of the pan. Place in the freezer to set for at least 20 minutes.
4. Prepare the filling. In a large bowl, with a hand held mixer, beat the cream cheese and whipping cream together for 5 minutes. Add the sugar and the vanilla powder. Add the softened ice cream and Kahlua into the mixture and mix together until a smooth and creamy filling has formed.
5. Add 1 cup frozen raspberries and 1 teaspoon of sugar to a small pot on medium heat on a stove and constantly stir the mixture with a fork as it heats until a smooth sauce is created. Place the sauce in the fridge once it has cooled down and save for later.
6. Remove the springform pan from the freezer. Pour the cheesecake filling into the center of the crust. Cover the springform pan with plastic wrap and place into the freezer until frozen, at least 5 hours.
7. Before serving, let the cake rest outside of the freezer for 15 minutes. Lift the cake from the springform pan and slice into pieces using a large knife. Run the blade of your knife under hot water before slicing to help with the cutting.
8. Decorate the frozen cheesecake with 3/4 cup defrosted raspberries and drizzle each slice with raspberry sauce before serving.