Just popping in to share a quick recipe. Final touches now on the book. So I am all for easy to make meals at the moment. Risotto is a very easy to make dish that tastes great and always delights. I make it when I want something creamy and rich. I make this dish often, but not so often. It’s a special treat. I usually make a lot of it and then enjoy the leftovers over the next few days. It’s a nice way to use lountza and frozen vegetables. Enjoy!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
All ingredients are available at Foodsaver (except those marked with an *)
3 slices Lountza or Prosciuttio Di Parma, sliced into strips
2 & 1/4 cups diced fresh leek*
1/2 cup diced fresh spring onion*
1/2 cup diced fresh fennel*
1/2 cup white wine*
4 & 1/2 cups chicken broth*
1 cup Ardo Garden peas
1 cup diced Ardo Green Asparagus
1 cup Ardo Mushrooms Sliced
1 tablespoon Lurpak Salted Butter
1 & 1/2 tablespoons Chorio Olive Oil
1 cup Agnesi Flora Riso Arborio
1/2 cup grated Castelli Parmigiano Reggiano
zest of half a lemon*
1 & 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice*
1 tablespoon Castelli Mascarpone Cheese
1. In a large frying pan over low-medium heat, add the lountza slices and fry for 5 minutes. Remove the lountza and place the strips in a plate, and let cool. Turn the heat up to medium-high, and add the butter and the olive oil.
2. Once the butter has melted, add the leek, spring onion and fennel and stir fry for 5 minutes.
3. Add the arborio rice and stir all the ingredients together.
4. Add the white wine and stir the ingredients until the wine has mostly evaporated.
5. Begin adding the chicken broth a 1/4 cup at a time, waiting until the rice mixture has absorbed the previously added chicken broth before adding more. After about 20 minutes, add in the asparagus, peas and mushrooms. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes, adding any leftover chicken broth. The rice should be cooked but still firm, so you may not need all the leftover chicken broth.
6. Stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice, parmigiano reggiano and mascarpone cheese. Garnish with lountza strips and serve.