I am always looking for new ways to cook chicken. I like this recipe because I feel like it makes chicken fancy. And the sauce is the kind that you want to slather all over pasta, or whatever base you are using. Leftovers are good too. Good for entertaining, but also for feeding a hungry family. Packed with flavour, this is my favourite chicken recipe at the moment. Once again, I love the fact that I can walk into Foodsaver stores and buy nearly all of the ingredients I need for this dish. PS It’s been awhile since I have been regularly posting on here or Instagram, but there is a reason for all of that. And it’s because I am thinking hard about how I want to see my blog space evolve in future, as well as what I think people would label my “brand” but to be perfectly honest, I just want things I post to reflect “me” and the fact that I do this because I like to preserve and promote traditional and modern Cypriot cooking . One of my most favourite aspects has been writing for Foodsaver Stores, so in future, you will be able to access all of these recipes in one section. Anyway, for now, please enjoy!
CHICKEN THIGHS IN MUSTARD SAUCE
Preparation Time: 1 hour
800 grams Foodsaver Chicken Thighs, (6 chicken thighs)
2 tablespoons Chorio Olive Oil
1/2 cup Ardo Diced Shallots
2 tablespoons Reine de Dijon Grainy Mustard
2 tablespoons Reine de Dijon Smooth Mustard
2 tablespoons Arla Whipping Cream
1/4 teaspoon Ardo Diced Garlic, (equivalent to 1 large garlic clove)
1 cup chicken broth*
1/2 cup white wine*
2 sprigs fresh tarragon*
12 white button mushrooms
1 &1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup all purpose flour
Serve over top Rana Tagliatelle.
* All ingredients available at Foodsaver Stores except those marked with an *.
1. Heat oven to 200C.
2. Place flour, salt and pepper into a bowl and mix together.
3. Press both sides of each chicken thigh into the flour mixture.
4. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large frying pan, (the frying pan needs to be oven friendly), over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, sear the chicken thighs until browned on both sides. Remove the chicken.
5. Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the frying pan. Add the shallots, garlic and mushrooms and fry for 1 minute. Add the wine and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add the grainy mustard, tarragon and chicken broth. Add the chicken thighs back into the frying pan along with any juices.
7. Place the frying pan uncovered into the oven for 26 minutes or longer, until the chicken has been cooked.
8. Remove frying pan from oven, and stir in the smooth dijon mustard and heavy cream. Serve immediately over top of tagliatelle.