What I love about this dessert? Sometimes fruit desserts can take a little long to make, especially if you are making pie dough. So what I love about this dessert, is that you get the delicious of a baked fruit dessert, but the topping is a synch to make because it uses pre-made Ella’s granola which you can buy at Foodsaver Stores. The other thing about this fruit dessert that I love is that the fruit filling is not too sweet, I have let the apples and blackberries, and the orange juice add the sweetness without sugar. It contrasts nicely with the topping, which is itself a touch sweet. Enjoy! As for me, this summer is coming along nicely. Those of you who follow me on Instagram know that my family is visiting and we have been eating lots of Cypriot food together! Hope you are all having a wonderful summer!
Makes: 12 servings
Time: 1 hour
300 grams Ardo blackberries
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Valio Unsalted Butter, softened and diced into very small cubes
3 cups Deliciously Ella Nutty Granola
1 teaspoon Foodsaver White Sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice*
1 teaspoon orange juice*
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon*
4 apples, peeled, cored, and diced into long pieces *
2 tablespoons flour*
Serve alongside Madagascar Vanilla Kayak Ice Cream
All ingredients available at Foodsaver Stores except those marked with an *.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. In a large bowl, add the blackberries, apples, sugar, lemon juice, orange juice, cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon of flour.
3. In another large bowl, add the granola, 1/4 cup of butter, 1 tablespoon of flour and mix together to form the topping.
4. Dot around the diced 1 tablespoon of butter in the bottom of a 26 cm cast iron skillet.
5. Add in the fruit filling. Then add the crumble topping on top of the fruit filling.
6. Cover the pan with foil and bake in the oven for about 1 hour, until the juices start bubbling through the crumble topping.