This is basically a traditional saucy, rich bolognese sauce but the only difference is that it is made with chicken mince, which I picked up at Foodsaver Stores. Sometimes I am in the mood for bolognese, but I don’t feel like beef mince. So on those occasions, this is what I make. It’s perfect for the little ones in the family, and for the big ones – they will both enjoy it! Very easy to make too, so it’s a great weeknight meal. Enjoy!
PS I am hoping to have the new website launched by the end of October. I will be attending the Whistler Writers’ Festival on October 17th and I will be bringing a few goodies that I have made – all recipes from my upcoming book release in Spring 2020. I hope to see some of you there!
Makes: 6 servings
Time: 30 minutes
500 grams Foodsaver Chicken Mince Meat
1 tablespoon Lurpak Salted Butter
1 tablespoon Horio Organic Olive Oil
1 cup Foodsaver Diced Onion
1 scant cup diced Ardo Baby Carrots
2 tablespoons Ciao Tomato Paste
1/2 cup Bottega Pinot Grigio
2 cans Ciao Chopped Tomatoes, 800 grams total
1 teaspoon Ardo Garlic
1 teaspoon Ardo Parsley
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon Maldon Sea Salt Flakes
2 bay leaves*
1/2 cup diced celery stick*
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary*
1/2 cup water*
Agnesi Spaghetti & Foodsaver Parmesan Flakes for serving with
*All ingredients available at Foodsaver Stores except for those marked with an *
1. In a large pot over medium high heat, add butter and olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the chicken mince, and cook for about 8 minutes until the chicken mince is cooked and any liquid released has evaporated.
2. Add carrot and celery and stir together for 1 minute. Add white wine and stir together until liquid has evaporated.
3. Add in tomato paste, parsley, oregano, salt, bay leaves, and rosemary and stir together.
4. Add 2 cans of chopped tomatoes. Simmer mixture for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the sauce becomes dry, add in a 1/2 cup water.
5. Serve over top of cooked spaghetti, and garnish with parmesan flakes.